Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
We all know the system is not perfect. Can you recommend what CAN be done to improve it economically/politically/fiscally? What would you do if tomorrow you were suddenly Prime Minister?

Do other countries have a better economic system in your opinion?

Personally I can only applaud the recent changes.
Being taxed at 48.5% on my hard earned capital gains only to see the government waste money on $10,000 carpets didn't sit well with me. More of my money to spend the way I see fit can only be better. And as for the GST, I don't spend much except for rent, food and utilities - so I am a winner. With the cuts in income tax rates versus the increase in some items, it may be that I am no better or worse off - so be it. Surely there are alot of workers in a simialr position?

Anyway, enough politicking, - I'm going to sell my shares that I use to hold for fear of 48.5% tax, and maybe take a small holiday!

Cheers

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.