No. of Recommendations: 0
We aren't anywhere close to declining population count. Despite a decline in birth rates, we are still rapidly increasing population. I think the birth rate could stand to decline a fair bit more before I would get concerned.

I hear you xtn. But sadly that means many traditional institutions are headed for extinction. They will fail economically. There will be bankruptcies, foreclosures, mergers, and buildings repurposed to something else. And with it quite a shift in our culture. Seems inevitable. Everyone seems to think nothing can be done to stop the decline.

In a recent discussion it was noted that much of that too low birthrate is actually due to immigrants and the poor. Hence, the true number for the middle class is far lower.

There is ample evidence that the institutions we are talking about are mostly supported by the middle class. So once again we have implied declines in middle class institutions.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.