Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
This past Saturday, we bought our tomatoes. Twelve plants.
I think we are gluttons for punishment. But this year we bought only ONE cherry tomato plant because last year we had them just everywhere. We had the neighbor coming over and filling up pots with them and it didn't even make a dent. Further, they were all but useless to me since I can't eat that many salads and they are too small to skin and freeze for soups, etc.

Anyway...we got several varieties. I can only think of a few of them.
Early Girl.
Beefsteak.
Fourth of July
Celebrity
Sweet Millions (that's the cherry tomato)
Arkansas something or other
Something else I can't think of right now.
Will plant them in a week or so - hoping the weather cooperates.
(Yesterday, as we were watching a video, we heard hail outside - little white balls smacking and bouncing everywhere - then, they disappeared as quickly as they came and the sun shone again.)

AM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anyway...we got several varieties. I can only think of a few of them.
Early Girl.
Beefsteak.
Fourth of July
Celebrity
Sweet Millions (that's the cherry tomato)
Arkansas something or other
Something else I can't think of right now.
Will plant them in a week or so - hoping the weather cooperates.
(Yesterday, as we were watching a video, we heard hail outside - little white balls smacking and bouncing everywhere - then, they disappeared as quickly as they came and the sun shone again.)

I fibbed.
We have:
1 Sweet Millions (cherry tomato)
1 Goliath
2 Beefsteak
1 Fourth of July
1 Russian Black
2 Early Girl
2 Ace
2 Celebrity

Twelve plants - and I thought we were cutting back this summer. Not a chance, I guess.

Didn't get the Arkansas something-or-other (but we did look at it...decisions, decisions...)
And AngelSpouse has already planted them. Now I just have fingers crossed that all bad weather is behind us.

AM
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am so lazy . . .

Despite all my best intentions, I somehow never get around to planting even things I would like to have, and even after I buy the plants or seeds!. I think it really started because I just loathe hot weather and so I basically never want to be outside.

Wessex
No. of Recommendations: 1
Despite all my best intentions, I somehow never get around to planting even things I would like to have, and even after I buy the plants or seeds!. I think it really started because I just loathe hot weather and so I basically never want to be outside.

Wessex

-------------

Well...when it gets really hot I don't go out either - except to pick some tomatoes.
Then I head back inside. I put up (in the freezer) enough tomatoes last year that I still have a bunch left for chili and veggie soup and anything else that requires tomatoes. I put them up 1 lb. at a time so it's like opening a can of tomatoes - except mine are really tasty from the garden. Makes great soup and chili. I haven't yet put them into Mexican rice, but I think that could be pretty good, too.

AM