Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
We have made no changes to the protocol we developed in March and have perfected over the last eight months.

We had gotten a little slack about shopping and outdoor gatherings.

None of us have been back to work/school, except DH has gone to his office twice because they are moving and you just can't do all that stuff remotely.

DS is a germophobe and has been doing online high-school since this started. It's a miserable experience. We spend an hour a day, at least, just trying to manage what was assigned and what's due. The technology for online school has a very long way to go.

DD is away at college. They are managing this fairly well. The school brings the hammer down on any parties. I'm not really worried about her exposure.

DW always did work from home. Now she has an office mate. It's been a problem. My employer remains 99% work-from-home and it has impacted our productivity a bit.

We shop early on Saturday mornings, splitting up the work so that we reduce overall exposure.

We had been allowing ourselves some trips to big-box stores. No longer. Groceries remain curbside pick-up.

We see people via Zoom and -- when it was warm enough -- at occasional back yard chats at a careful distance. Now that it's getting colder, there will be more Zoom and less back yard.

Yeah, same here. We had some social gatherings, always outside. Now, nothing.

Zoom is an amazing invention.

I hate it, and hope to never use it again when this is over.

Regards,

- HCF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.