Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
We have the support of several neighboring countries including, partially, Pakistan.

Support is far too strong of a word.

We installed a new government in Afghanistan.

How are they going to help us?

There's only maybe 1/20th of either Afghanistan or Pakistan that could contain bin Laden.

Huh?

It's a limited area and we've been there for 3 years.

You're just wrong. Bin Laden is a folk hero there. The population in the entire region will do anything to help hide him. The specific mountainous region you seen to be referring to in Southeast Afghanistan is some of the toughest country in the world. Our guys have resorted to riding horses to get around because no other vehicle will do.

So what's the problem?

If I gave you unlimited resources and promised you a fortune in return, would you find a needle in the carpet of a small room? I'll bet you'd be successful eventually. How about a needle in a haystack? Less plausible but with the right equipment, a determined person might pull it off. Now what if I asked you to find a specific needle in Nebraska. Wouldn't you think it funny if others questioned your resolve when you were unsuccessful there?

Derek
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.