Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 98
... to bring you this important message:

Last night, Nurit (reptucky) and I got ENGAGED!

Here's the scoop-

Nurit had been anticipating this ever since her best friend returned from a semester in London back in mid-December. When my cousin who is also studying abroad for the year came back to visit for a week, Nurit was absolutely convinced that it would happen then. She got all excited and then when it didn't happen, she was a little depressed for a while. Anyway, she had a day off yesterday so I told her that I would take the day off as well and we would head into the city to see Black Hawk Down (http://www.moviefone.com/showtimes/movie.adp?movieid=10067), which is only playing in a handful of theatres in the U.S. right now. We saw the movie (great flick) and also went to pick up some things we painted at "Our Name Is Mud" (www.ournameismud.com).

We then headed back towards my area (North Shore of Long Island), and had dinner at a place called Shish-Kabob Palace - one of Nurit's favorites. After dinner we were supposed to be going to an awards dinner at my office - or so she thought - but I told her that I needed to get a car wash because I had some stuff on my car, not to mention all of the salt from Sunday's snowstorm.

The car wash we went to is the kind where you can sit inside the car and go through. While inside the car wash, with soap all over the windows and brushes flapping all over the exterior, I popped in a CD of "our song" (Amazed - by, Lonestar), let her know that the whole awards dinner thing was a lie. I told her that I wanted to be in a place that we would have total privacy with no chance of an interruption, and proceeded to ask for her hand in marriage while presenting her a sparkling pear-shaped diamond with baguettes on the side.

She said yes (sorry, Dreamer & JS) and when we approached the exit, 10 of our closest friends were waiting there with congratulatory signs, balloons and flowers. She was really shocked and we took a ton of pictures before heading to my house for a celebration with our friends and relatives.

We hope to get some pictures from last night up ASAP. This is where they'll be posted: http://www.onlysimchas.com/galleries/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewsimcha/SimchaID/2757/SimchaType/3.htm

Please stop by there and sign the guestbook!

Thanks, and we really miss you guys,
Dan

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.