Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
We live across the river in Vancouver, and so get a steady diet of the goings-on over there. The Mayor's response to this is (and I'm not making this up)...

“I recognize why people are concerned and possibly angry. While our understanding of this incident evolves, I urge everyone to proceed with empathy and peace,”

And FWIW, all the prior police chiefs have left in disgust...even the those hired for their 'progressiveness', so the mayor is also serving as police chief....and I'm not making that up either.

Teddie Wheeler is proving, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he is a true slobbering moron. To refer to him as a grossly incompetent clown would be a compliment.

You'd think Apple would get the hint and move their store out. But nooooooooo, we have to stay and show we're woke and progressive, regardless of how many I-Phone 12 Max's are destroyed or stolen.

Terrific! Go for it!!

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
It beats working!!
No. of Recommendations: 5
"It beats working!! "

The clean-up service companies are making a mint!

Howie52
Until people decide enough is enough - or all the productive folks leave.
No. of Recommendations: 17
We live across the river in Vancouver, and so get a steady diet of the goings-on over there. The Mayor's response to this is (and I'm not making this up)...

“I recognize why people are concerned and possibly angry. While our understanding of this incident evolves, I urge everyone to proceed with empathy and peace,”

And FWIW, all the prior police chiefs have left in disgust...even the those hired for their 'progressiveness', so the mayor is also serving as police chief....and I'm not making that up either.

Teddie Wheeler is proving, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he is a true slobbering moron. To refer to him as a grossly incompetent clown would be a compliment.

You'd think Apple would get the hint and move their store out. But nooooooooo, we have to stay and show we're woke and progressive, regardless of how many I-Phone 12 Max's are destroyed or stolen.

Terrific! Go for it!!

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
Worst thing is these rioters often end up damaging their own stores! How dumb is that?

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Worst thing is these rioters often end up damaging their own stores! How dumb is that?

Vermonter "

*******************************************************************************************

Thieves and arsonists do not own the stores. Some owners are staying inside their stores
or hiring folks to stay in the stores with guns to protect their property.
Rioters generally do not care about the stores or the store owners - or their communities.

Howie52
Always remember that words are important.
There is a distinct difference between a "protester" and a "rioter".
Sometimes and in some circumstances the difference may come down to opportunity -
but mostly there is a difference in intent and morality.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Not sure its 'their' stores, but definitely stores sympathetic....or formerly sympathetic....to whatever their professed cause was.

But you put your finger on a question most wonder about. Is this violence for a political end or violence for the sake of violence, as there seems to be a Mayor, Public Attorney and City Council who don't seem to care one way or the other. It would be interesting to see what would happen if the entire Portland Police Dept said collectively 'We Quit' and left no municipal police....just Multnomah County and State police. What would happen to street violence then?

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 6
It’s like a town in the Wild Wild West where the loudest and most violent take over the town and the citizens have choices: leave town; hire a strong Sheriff to clean up the town and make it safe again; start a vigilante group to clean it up themselves; do nothing and let them take over the town and be victimized.

There is a reason for law and order, it makes it’s citizen feel safe, to prosper and grow and raise their families. When that doesn’t exist, we all have to make the choice to stay, go, or witness criminal behavior and be victimized by it all.

Lucky Dog
No. of Recommendations: 2
Isn't this what they voted for?