No. of Recommendations: 0
We opened our ING account totally electronically. Quick, simple. Very pleased; the customer service folks have been great. I now send $25 of each paycheck to our ING savings account, which I intend on letting run 'forever' just to build up a backup kitty. Every few minutes I take 2 minutes and go online and create another CD to up the interest rate; these CDs, when they 'mature', automatically (after they give you an email notice) rolls over into another similar CD at that current interest rate, etc. etc. This way I'm building up my own rolling ladder of CDs at what always seems to be a competitve rate.
Besides good customer service, I want to especially point out ING's privacy policy: they are 1000% 'opt-in', unlike any other bank I know. (This may come from them being a European bank, since Europe now has a stronger policy law than we do, prohibiting unauthorized trafficking in personal information). This is outstanding; they never share anything they don't legally have to unless you EXPLICITLY tell them they can. I just wish to hell some American banks would get some American morals back and stop throwing our privacy overboard just to make a quick and dirty (emphasis on the dirty) buck. Thank god for ING; they now have my savings, and my CDs.

JP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.