No. of Recommendations: 0
We survived fine for the cruise time into Norway/Scotland,but once in London, popped into a little shop, swapped out our SIMs in both our iPhones to O2 Pay as You Go, 2 Gb/500 Minutes of talk time 5,000 Texts, easily topped up if needed... And the guy even installed the both in a couple minutes... New local phone numbers, added them to our Contacts, they just worked.. Total outlay was £20! Once I had a minute back at SFO, waiting for the Airporter, I popped my VZ SIM back in, back to normal..

I had put each of our VZ SIMs into the back side of our minimal cases, mine was OK, but somehow, DW's has vanished, so we were faced with having to get a new one from VZ one home, but, luckily it had slipped out into her purse, found once we were home, replaced, all was well...

They are still good for the rest of the month, but no need here in CA..

We had paid twice as much in Copenhagen a couple years ago.. What a deal!

weco

(great trip!)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.