No. of Recommendations: 0
We used to live in California. 4th through 9 grade. I think it was 1962 to September, 1968. We lived two years in Los Angeles, California for two years and 4 years in Orange County (Garden Grove and Santa Ana). I remember the month of September because that was the year my mom died and my dad came out from Atlanta, Georgia and hauled us back to Georgia. That's how we ended up in the South otherwise we would have been California people.

I was just wondering this morning about how can people in California afford to live out there? How can they afford to pay rent or ever buy a house? Housing prices and rents are insane? I'm talking average people, not engineers or computer programs or doctors or lawyers but average people like meat cutters or animal workers? What do they do live 8 or 10 people in a house and split the rent? Key West, Florida is like that. They have roommates and some even split sleeping time, like one person works nights and sleeps in a bed and the other guy works days and one will sleep in the bed in the daytime and the other sleeps in it at night. Ugh! No thanks!

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.