Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
We welcome your feedback

Just a few things that caused a momentary "I wonder why ...?" reaction as I was glancing through the list. (Based solely on the names; I haven't perused all the boards to see if the activity matches the name.)

Why, for example, is "College Fools" under "Birds of a Feather" while "Graduate Students" and "Grown Up Fools Back in School" are under "Education, Jobs & Professions" (and why "Education, Jobs & Professions" instead of just "Education and Employment")?

Why are "Coffee Loving Fools" and "Beer Loving Fools" under "Birds of a Feather" while "Wine" and "Beer Brewing for Fools" are under "Hobbies & Interests"? (For that matter, "Hobbies & Interests" seems to me to be a subset of "Birds of a Feather," which has only 11 boards in the current categorization.)

Why are "Baby Boomers" considered "Birds of a Feather" while "Fools Under 20" and "Harley Fools" are "Social Clubs"? (Are you implying that we BBs are unsociable old coots?)

Why are "tennis" and "golf" "Sports" but "weightlifting," "bicycling," and "running" are "Health & Fitness."

I wonder about the rationale behind the "News, Politics & Religion" grouping. What do the components of this grouping have in common, other than that the latter two tend to dichotomize participants and generate passion/controversy? If I were looking, for example, for some "political" boards, I'd have zero interest in the "religious" boards that I'd have to wade through to find them.

The list of "Social Clubs" is far longer than any other category (almost 250). It would be hard to find a particular board of interest in such a large conglomeration. Are there no commonalities that would enable these to be divided into 3 or 4 smaller subcategories?

"Words, Words, Words" and "Language Use and Abuse" seem to me to fit better under "Books & Writing" than under "Fun and Games." And "Benchmark Investing," "Buffetology," and "Gorilla Game," while initially based (I presume) on books, seem far more "Investing/Strategies" oriented than "Books and Writing" focused.

Automotive, with just six boards (including one on motorcycles), could easily fit under "Hobbies & Interests."

Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.