Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
We were instructed to have 2-5 days of absinence prior to the test. Seeing how that could conflict with the timing of ovulation should Alethea have a normal cycle w/out Clomid, I'd like to ask you all what you are were told about how much abstinence is required beforehand.

I was told 3 days. You should read what I just postd.

Also, you may want to consider Proxeed if your count is low, which is what I've been on for the past 7 or 8 months. I think it's helped by the way.

http://www.proxeed.com

She feels completely out of God's favor;

ok, now you've done it. i'm gonna look up a verse for you. (granted, you may not be christian, but hopefully you can appreciate the sentiment)

here's a good one, but it's not *the* one:

James 5:11
As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Ah, here's *the* one:

2 Corinthians Chapter 1

3 (9) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and (10) God of all comfort,
4 who (11) comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5 For just (12) as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
6 But if we are afflicted, it is (13) for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;
7 and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that (14) as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.

I don't like to use God's words to satisfy my belief system, but it is clear from that passage, that God has no intention of having Alathea out of his favor. Instead, the way I read it, he's constantly thinking about her and trying to comfort her.

And if it's any consolation, keep in mind that as he comforts her (and you, too), he's also comforting many of us who hear about your story on these boards. I believe God has a big plan in store for the two of you, though I won't attempt to guess what it is. All I can say, is trust Him, that his plan is the right thing for you even if it doesn't seem that way.

One more from Psalms, then i gotta go to bed:

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Think about the last time you've gone camping and had only a flashlight. At best, the flashlight would only show you enough light maybe a couple footsteps ahead of you. Trust the rest of the path to God.

Ok, g'night.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.