Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
The Biden admin is failing at the one thing I wanted from them:

Competency.

Biden addresses images of Border Patrol agents chasing migrants: 'We'll get it under control'
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-addresses...

-----------------------

I don't care so much as to whether or not Biden leads from the left right or middle. I care that he brings competency to government - that he use all of his years of experience and wisdom to make government work.

In short, give me the one thing I absolutely could not get from Trump.

First there was his less than stellar withdrawal from Afghanistan. Now, there is the border mess.

And here is the thing on both issues. The government had weeks and months to prepare.

Its not like we didn't know the Haitians were coming. Why didn't we have things under control before they got there?

Why are we just now surging extra resources to the border instead of weeks ago?

Required disclosure (to reduce Whataboutism) for this type of post: TISMWTB.

*Trump Is Still Much Worse than Biden
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't care so much as to whether or not Biden leads from the left right or middle. I care that he brings competency to government
Posted before finishing……

Same here, Hawkins.

Last night, I saw one of the most disheartening things….

A facebook page called “Occupy Democrats” posted a photo of those Border Patrol agents on horseback using whips to corral Haitian immigrants. But the text accompanying the photo blamed “Texas”.

Yes, most of those agents were probably Texans, but they were also federal employees carrying out the policies of the US Border Patrol.

It pains me to see any Democratic group adopt the Trumpian tactic of blaming others for what is essentially a failure of its own policies.

Accountability, at a minimum, BEGINS with accepting responsibility for failure of one’s actions.
"I don't care so much as to whether or not Biden leads from the left right or middle. I care that he brings competency to government"

Well said, by the Right Honorable poster.

However - I am a voter - so I do care. I do have expectations. My hope is that Biden governs slightly more from the Center. Democrats rejected Sanders and Warren and picked Big-Bank-Biden. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama showed - you can put Progressives to the side - in the end all they care about is "beating Trump" or "beating Bush" (the latter they failed twice in. So as someone who has written positive stuff on Big Bank Biden for years, I want him to have a decent Presidency.

But, outside of the Campus, and outside of the Bubble, many of us know one man can indeed lead, set and example, give expectations - but ONE man can't "bring competence" to a big behemoth like government. You need an informed citizenry - who is slightly cohesive that's why, the Leader used to speak of "bring back civics! Have a common culture to prevent tribalism" -- and he was shouted down from NonDiverseEnclaves and Echo Chambers..

So here we / you are:

*Trillions spent. Vaccines at the ready. Reward: More variants.

*Afghanistan incompetent withdrawal.

*Watered down infrastructure package.

*Billions *given* to Americans which temporarily improved poverty numbers to a still disgraceful level.

*Confusion over boosters.

Competence? Hardly. Not yet.

*No TMF member is attacked personally in this post. As usual, the Leader has pointed out Inconvenient Truths, and the most annoying part of it - Leader calls attention to real results. *

Have a blessed day. TEN HUT!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Biden taps VP Harris to lead response to border challenges

President Joe Biden has tapped Vice President Kamala Harris to lead the White House effort to tackle the migration challenge at the U.S. southern border and work with Central American nations to address root causes of the problem.

https://apnews.com/article/kamala-harris-lead-migrant-crisis...

Dated 3/25/21.

Not that long ago I sent her a tweet asking if/when she'd be doing the next status report. no reply.
No. of Recommendations: 1
First there was his less than stellar withdrawal from Afghanistan. Now, there is the border mess.

Afghanistan is all Spankee. He signed the surrender papers and left the problems to future administrations (sound familiar?).

Re the southern border: It has been a problem for many decades. However, it has changed dramatically in the past 4-5 years. People are fleeing a non-survivable climate, not a manmade situation. This has happened all over the world for thousands of years, so it is nothing new. What IS new is the US not allowing people in--forcing them to go where they can not survive. If it is such a good idea, then all the farmers who have essentially worthless farms must stay on that property. Guess how fast THAT gets shot down (by Texas).

If you claim that land is "valuable", then go buy it--and prove its value by producing from that land. Yeah, like THAT would ever happen. LOL !!!!
The Biden admin is failing at the one thing I wanted from them:

Competency.

Me too.

Biden has spent his whole life in politics and that's not a real world -- Biden has no/nada/none/zilch management experience -- He never planned a birthday party or Thanksgiving dinner or a trip to London -- then accomplished all the steps necessary to implement that as yet non-existent plan.

Senators have staffs and those staff do all the work. In Biden's life if he went to London somebody selected a hotel and somebody (probably Jill) packed the right clothes -- but if Biden doesn't bring enough shirts Harrods will open just for him (betcha'). Joe doesn't take the subway to Buckingham Palace 'cause a car will show up at the right minute just as arranged by the staff person/people.

In future we should elect only men who have spent at least a year as an unpaid intern. For women who have run a household (even part time) will satisfy that requirement.
"A facebook page called “Occupy Democrats” posted a photo of those Border Patrol agents on horseback using whips to corral Haitian immigrants. But the text accompanying the photo blamed “Texas”.

Yes, most of those agents were probably Texans, but they were also federal employees carrying out the policies of the US Border Patrol."

For starters no one was using or had any whips to control the illegals...but you really wanted that to be so. Sorry to disappoint you. Secondly, the Border Patrol operates as an arm of Biden's Administration and its policies, so your gripes need to be addressed to him an the Democrats who have created tis mess at our Southern border.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Senators have staffs and those staff do all the work.

And you think a POTUS is any different? I would say a POTUS depends on their staff even more than a Senator.