Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
We've been to Yellowstone a few times. I think it was our first visit, when I was interacting more with Rangers since I didn't know the park that well, that one of them volunteered that he had to stop a father from trying to put his toddler son on the back of a bison to get a photo.

He was dead-serious. Apparently the guy thought it was a petting zoo, or something.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Good. Covid is a genuine threat.

Of course there are people who get mauled and gored at Yellowstone every year because they don’t even think wild bears and Bison are a threat...

THIS IS NOT A ZOO folks!
Of course there are people who get mauled and gored at Yellowstone every year because they don’t even think wild bears and Bison are a threat...

More tourists are injured by Bison than bears. Some how the concept that a Bison isn't just a furry cow doesn't sink in. Also, cows can also hurt you even when they don't have any intent to harm.
No. of Recommendations: 3
More tourists are injured by Bison than bears. Some how the concept that a Bison isn't just a furry cow doesn't sink in. Also, cows can also hurt you even when they don't have any intent to harm.

Not surprising. Our first visit to Yellowstone back in 1974 we saw one lone bison and now you can’t travel anywhere in the park without running into a heard of them. To many people just don’t respect the wildlife. They also don’t either know or believe how fast a heard of bison can go from laying in a meadow to standing and charging in a blink of any eye. It’s awesome to see....from a distance!
We've been to Yellowstone a few times. I think it was our first visit, when I was interacting more with Rangers since I didn't know the park that well, that one of them volunteered that he had to stop a father from trying to put his toddler son on the back of a bison to get a photo.

He was dead-serious. Apparently the guy thought it was a petting zoo, or something.