No. of Recommendations: 1
We've been updated several weeks now. We opted to continue with Verizon's services, rather than drive a ways and fight parking at an Apple Store. Local VZ guru was out of the Pro DW wanted, but down the road 15 miles, another VZ Store had what we wanted.. had to wait a little s they were busy, but once connected to the Tech, native 20 minutes out the door, new Pro, Pro Max, Screen cover for the Pro Installed, cases for both and off we went..

We traded in our 8 & 8+, the deal for the 8+ was applied immediately to the sale, the 8's is spread out over the 2 year Plan.. I also dropped an iPad Mini off the Plan. We bought them outright, so in all of it, our monthly bill dropped to near $100 for both of us, with a 6Gb Data Plan.. Lowest its been in years..

So we kept our old iPhones, new ones in the sealed boxes, with a padded envelope to send them to VZ once we Activated the new iPhones.. Before sending, and after the new ones are set up, there's a sequence to wipe the old of all data..

The fact that the new iPhones were shelf stock meant the iOS update had to go first... That gave me a bit of a headache, I had to Force power off once or twice as it was hanging up a longer than expected time, I don't remember if it was the Pro or Pro Max, but it wasn't a panic, it just started over, and eventually completed OK... Backups were in iTunes as I'm on Mojave, and that took some time. Some things like DW's music took longer, but nothing we couldn't handle.

We did get messed up this month as far as data use, DW's Pro, somehow, I suspect a setting ws made about Podcasts, as in download ALL, so her Pro used 4Gb of our 6Gb data plan on its own, bringing us to only 1% data left for the 10 days left.. Oops! So other than change to Plan, we'll pay an overage fee if it happens.. I clamped down data usage for now to mainly wifi.. Should be fine from here on out...

Order the Pogue, Missing Manual, ASAP, we had a lot of questions on settings, how this or that worked. I Pre-ordered the book, ordered another one, by another author, that turned out to be useless, but now have the Missing Manual at hand. Like an insurance policy, mostly as whatever early issues we had, were managed..

Since then a couple more iOS updates, my ProMax battery life is fantastic, DW's Pro also seems a lot better..

Dive in, enjoy!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.