Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
We've been with State Farm for years, only small incidents, bathroom fire, auto collisions and the agent and company have been responsive and speedy

More major was my BIL's complete home loss in the Fountaingrove area of Santa Rosa, CA, they had just paid the place off, and boosted/updated their coverage as they'd done extensive, expensive kitchen, bath remodels. Very responsive, State Farm covered the temporary housing, in relatively equivalent housing until they could sort it out. Initially handed them a check for the structure loss, a little later on the contents loss.. Well covered, it let them buy another home, rather than rebuild, remodeling it continues, but they've already re-landscaped, and re-floored the new place. It had been occupied by a elderly lady and her driver/helper, but as it turned out all the appliances, as well as the flooring had to go.. A large outdoor cooking area, patio had to go, fences updated, now an aviary is going in as they finish up the bathroom remodels. Anyway State Farm came through on all but the lost artworks, collections, but a payment settled on was fair, without an itemized inventory, as they had begun to do.. Again, maybe it was the agent, but it all worked well..

I've other friends, even my cardiologist who lost the homes in the same fire, all high end homes, and have progressed into rebuilds, move-ins, but I don't know their insurance companies..
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.