Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Week 5 is in the books. Another tale of woe.

APPS closed Monday at $89.35, the call closed at $4.95. My buyer is the winner right now, 4 days to go. But this exemplifies the capped gain side of the coin. I have $.20 cents more to gain and 4 days to lose it all plus a lot more.

I called this one, spot on. I coughed up all the stock gain and ended up down 3.4% even after collecting the premium So my buyer lost, and I lost. Misery loves company. But it got a lot worse:

I will run the screen again Tuesday. There might still be something interesting.

What was interesting was.... APPS. I doubled down. That cost me 15.2% as I bought the stock Tuesday at a very high price and APPS proceeded to tank. So the APPS closed Friday, I pocketed the premiums and was still down the aforementioned 15%.

And then there were the PACB calls with april 16 expiry. Those are down 5%, but I received high premiums and the positions ended up with a $20 loss, three weeks to go.

I will probably sell the TWST shares. I need to be consistent in my accounting/record keeping.

Well, Monday was an up day and I got greedy and held and so ended up down another 11.3%.

I'm being called to lunch so I will end this here.

On to week 6.

KC
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.