No. of Recommendations: 0
On my website, I have a page with two links. On my computer, an I-Mac running OSX 10.4.6, I could not get two hyperlinks to appear on the screen on either safari or firefox.. When I view the page using a browser from within my design programI called my web designer, sent him a description about the problem, he sent me back a page image showing the the links appeared on his browser.

I then went to my partner's computer, which is running 10.3.9. The links appeared on her computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SJ
Print the post Back To Top
This sounds like a HTML code problem. If you post the link to the page, I might be able to help.

Also, what design program are you using? I've had trouble with Dreamweaver doing things I didn't expect (and shouldn't be doing, like pretending "Image" is the same as "image").

Chopec
On my website, I have a page with two links. On my computer, an I-Mac running OSX 10.4.6, I could not get two hyperlinks to appear on the screen on either safari or firefox.. When I view the page using a browser from within my design programI called my web designer, sent him a description about the problem, he sent me back a page image showing the the links appeared on his browser.

I then went to my partner's computer, which is running 10.3.9. The links appeared on her computer.

Your question is a tiny bit confusing, but here goes. If the links open on your web designer computer' browser and your partner's computer, the code should be okay no matter what OS they are running.

Are you connecting via AOL? Did you refresh your page? Did you empty your cache? The biggest problem I have with clients not being able to open a page that has been updated is with AOL. Did you try to open the link with IE?

I am not sure what you mean by viewing the page using a browser from within your design program. Do you mean the browser preview/debug? Those are brought up from your own HD, not from the files uploaded to your website host.

I use Dreamweaver and have had no problems as yet that I would consider unusual. If you still have problems, I would ask the web designer to check the code on the link just to make sure. Hyperlinks are pretty straight forward, they don't care what version of browser you use. Again if you are using AOL - empty your browser cache.

Birgit

I semi solved it by asking myself: what have I changed on my system since I lasted looked at the page. The only thing I could come up with was that I installed the latest version of Allumes Internet Cleanup. I quit the menu bar and the problem disappeared.

Go figure.

SJ