Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Welcome GrandmaBlodg!

You might start here. You can learn about the benefit amount online and many of your questions can be answered.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/learn.html

I would suggest you read this link to learn about retirement benefits and which plan might work best for you. Just learning about them does not require you to sign up now. There is a separate link for that. If you want to try to speak, in person, to a Social Security counselor you can look up where the nearest facility is. I am not sure how long of a wait you will have until you can meet in person. I imagine you can try to speak to someone over the phone. In all honesty, you might chose to speak to a couple of different SS counselors because I was given two different amounts by two different counselors in the same facility although they were a couple of months apart.

Robyn
(grandma of 10)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.