Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
I am Fuskie, so named by myself for my favorite relaxation spot, Daufuskie Island (http://www.daufuskieresort.com/), where I can sit out on the mosquito-screened porch, look out as the sun sets over Savannah and Tybee Island, and listen to the dolphins foraging for food on the banks of the Mungen River.

And this is Fuskie's Town Hall Exposition. Ever been to Disney World (or Land)? On Main Street USA you get the nostalgic picture of Anywhere America. Disney works hard creating this initial image to set the tone for their theme parks. But look again, because deception is everywhere.

Look straight ahead and Cinderella's (Sleeping Beauty's) castle is not really that tall. Look to your left and behind the merchandising is a facade. Look to your left and there is a parking lot behind the frame which is the ice cream parlour. Stray back stage and the illusion is broken.

This could be a metaphor for just about anything or everything, and here at Fuskie's Town Hall Exposition we will pull the curtain back from the great Wizard. We will strip the paint off to reveal the orginal finish. We will peel back the wallpaper to reveal the previous designer's taste. We will dish the dirt, expose the fraud, get down to the basics.

And if that is not enough cliche to make a pie, let's just have fun. Let's talk about politics, religion, current events, a little finance and market economics, television and movies, or the Mars Rovers, ring the bell, the first round begins.

All while remaining civil and considerate of the opinions of others. The only rule is that if a discussion is declared over, we move on. I don't want anything being too intense or emotional. No one should leave this board insulted or angry; life is too short to take other people's opinions personally.

And with that, let the games begin!

Fuskie
Who always wanted a place where he could speak his mind...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.