No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Fools,

I started this board because I want to help out fellow value investors while also making myself a better investor.

I'll be posting about companies that are selling at a discount to their book value, I'm going to start with companies that are selling at a discount of at least 30%.

The problem with these companies is that there is a reason they are selling below what they're worth in Assets after Liabilities.

I'm going to take each company and dig deep into their financial statements to find out where and why these companies are selling so far below their book value.

At the end of the post I'll let you know if I think it's a value play or a value trap, and I'll be hoping to hear your reply's.

I am in no way an expert, but I would like to keep the conversation intelligent. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you should respond with arrogance or attitude, that tends to dumb down the conversation. We are all here to become better investors.

That said I'm excited for what this board has to offer for everyone here.

Thanks

mmSteamboatm
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.