Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
It looks to me like Bush wins electoral vote, Gore wins popular vote.

Demographics seem to indicate Bush has clear mandate from that underclass of middle, middle class southern and western white males. Bartender...Wonder Bread for everyone!

One hopes Bush says something statesman like to inspire us all to fall in behind him. Yea, sure.

We pray for Greenspan's continued good health.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I can hold my breath for days if need be.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I wonder what the karmic load for killing the Corvair and wrecking the 2000 presidential election in one lifetime is?
No. of Recommendations: 0
ReadyTeddy,

"We pray for Greenspan's continued good health..."

If you've been watching, he has lost a lot of weight in the past 2 years (most of it in the past year). That could be good diet and exercise but it could also be deterioration. I also hope good things for him, but have been watching carefully for any signs of the opposite.

. Ed
No. of Recommendations: 1
Let's see:

Tech stocks, getting hammered (even DELL, Austin's finest!) ....Dubya doesn't speak their language (or any other known language, for that matter).

Utilities, up???

XOM, SLB, etc ...like Dubya, like, why are we not surprised

MRK.....loves Dubya up 4 and change to 52 week high... You want perscription drugs? Buy a drug stock!

Defense stocks....lookin' good...the market likes Dubya n' Chaney's "let's you and him fight!" approach to defense!

BUD, up ....Dubya doesn't drink, but half the population thinks "Well, he may not drink, but he's a carrier"

your list however acurate, makes no sense.

What are we doing?

Are we down because Bush won, or Gore might, or it gets tied up in court?

I was expecting a retest on the election or the Fed, but is this it or does the election end tomorrow?

Who is "Dubya"?

. Ed
Dubya is the Texas way of pronouncing "W" which is George W. Bush's middle initial. He sometimes goes by the nickname "Dubya", which is a more flattering way of distinguishing him from his father, George P.Bush , than calling him "Junior".
Send lawyers, guns and money cause the $hit has hit the fan.

More word on those funky ballots and it don't look good. How could anyone decide how to deal with that one?

If we don't come to the realization that it doesn't matter all that much who wins, we are in deep trouble.
So what the heck has changed?

Yesterday, there was uncertainty over who would win. Did the market tank? No.

Now we get a screwed up voting process and the world is coming to an end.

Maybe yesterday we *thought* we had certainty: i.e. the winner would be known by last night. Today, the period of our uncertainty is, well, uncertain. I guess that makes Uncertain-squared.

Ok, now I understand. Why don't I feel any better?
Maybe yesterday we *thought* we had certainty: i.e. the winner would be known by last night. Today, the period of our uncertainty is, well, uncertain. I guess that makes Uncertain-squared.

===========

yup...uncertain^2....that's what it is...

just goes to show that using a crystal ball to figure out what the market (or just about anything else)is going to do is a BAD idea. glad i didn't buy yesterday - tho i do wish i had some more cash.

at least i had some mrk in the port today....unfortunately not enuf to make up for my sunw loss. oh well - there's always tomorrow, and the sunw option will stop bleeding when it goes to zero ;).

e
<<<He sometimes goes by the nickname "Dubya", which is a more flattering way of distinguishing him from his father, George P. Bush , than calling him "Junior". >>>

Who is George P. Bush? Dubya's father is George H. W. Bush, as in Herbert Walker. Dubya's 'W' stands for the same thing the old man's does, Walker. So you can think of him as the former pres, minus the Herbert :)

Of course he also had the "W stands for Women" bus tour late in the campaign, which I'm sure his old college buddies got a kick out of.

Tim