Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Any aussie on line brokers that service non australian residents?
Print the post Back To Top
Well my boxers 'nip' and 'tuck' are pretty hot dogs and they seem to be a little bemused about being put up at Homebush Bay. As I always have a problem with those little doggy bags for cleaning the doggy poops I think that the fines will be far greater than the pictures taken by the tourists of my hotdogs standing. Not to mention the complications when thy see a nice bitch then all hell will break loose ... a mammoth fine their as well so I might as wel1 go bankrupt.

I can just imagine the catering crowd who have paid their 'royalties' to be subject to the owner operators pushing hotdogs. Mind you it would be fantastic if you did not have to pay time and a half, and double time as you would loose all your margins in that little gambit - then again increase your price to $15 each and the tourists would not know the difference! Tell then 15 of any currency - the exchange rates would make you an instant millionaire then you can invest fool-ishly!
does anyone know what that guy
dmiller 1
said ????
and what is an ordinary ????
does anyone know what that guy
dmiller 1
said ????

Yeah I did, but the main part is that the Catering at the Olympics would be just about sewn up (about the only thing finalised). All the big catering companies that paid heaps of money to be able to cater at the olympics would take a dim view of any two bit hustler (no offence) muscling in on the action.

and what is an ordinary ????

An ordinary share. As distinct from preferred, bonus or option shares.

Kevin

Well, I just did something quite similar to putting up a hotdog stand: bought a coffee shop in a very busy mall, to be run under management. It will give me a positive return on my investment every day. Some days more, some days less, but positive.

I will keep my Novogen shares plus some other ones to make me rich one day,but I don't have to worry about the daily fluctuations.

eveline
"bought a coffee shop in a very busy mall"

I am afraid that this is in no way 'similar'. This is more of a gd investment and diversification of assets.

In one you have inherent costs with an historical passing trade whereby you maintain a consistency which reaps its just rewards - both before and after. The hot dog stand is something quite different whereby you are taking an opportunity and screwing it!. You do not have large overheads nor do you have to maintain consistency.

In fact you can sell *crap* and people will still buy it because it is *there*. You are not in for the marathon only the short course events to make as much as possible.

is this not capitalism? Yes but at what cost to those parties that have paid a premium to become established? Do you have to maintain quality of product and consistency? Do you have to appease the health authorities? Do you have the required cold storage for your product or just boil hell out of it so that it does not get a *germ*.

Sorry two different enterprises. I wish you luck in your diversification.

In Novogen - why seek a government grant to undertake research? Good question that has bothered me for some time. If you are a succesful company which is making profits you spend an allocated amount of funds on R&D with the 125% tax benefit, thsi immediately puts you in a gd position as regards your competitors as the more you spend on R&D the more tax benefits you receive. Since when can a public company apply for a research grant yet the average 'joe sixpack' who invented the forklift, Y2K bios converter and other extremely good international products have to sell these patents to overseas companies! Money maketh money or he in the know gets to know.

Cynical aren't I!
In Novogen - why seek a government grant to undertake research? Good question that has bothered me for some
time. If you are a succesful company which is making profits you spend an allocated amount of funds on R&D with
the 125% tax benefit, thsi immediately puts you in a gd position as regards your competitors as the more you spend
on R&D the more tax benefits you receive. Since when can a public company apply for a research grant yet the
average 'joe sixpack' who invented the forklift, Y2K bios converter and other extremely good international products
have to sell these patents to overseas companies! Money maketh money or he in the know gets to know.

Cynical aren't I!

Are you really that cynical demiller1? I don't think so.

Are you against research grants per se or just against companies like Novogen from benefitting from them?

A company such as Novogen, albeit a public company aiming to make a profit for its shareholders, should tap into any resources that it legitimately can. I think that in Novogens' case it is a sign of just how important their work is regarded that they are so successful in winning such grants. If you are an Australian ( and I am not ) you should be extremely proud that such a potentially important company has sprung from your native land, and is being supported to enable it to go on to be a world class player. The returns to Australia both in Kudos and taxes will be enormous. Don't forget, there were precious few grants when Novogen was just a twinkle in the founders eye. Like any new, unproven enterprise he had to struggle to find private finance to get the company off the ground. It would be great to be able to give every new idea a boost in its early years, but funds are limited and who would judge the potential winners? I guess in the end you have to go with the guys who prove their worth. It's tough but that's life.

They certainly get my vote, and like Eveline (Lems) I bought the shares. Come on over to the Novogen board sometime and help us spread the word. We are a small but happy band at present, and you might even find out how your money is being spent ;)

Regards and Fool on

Applefoot
"Are you against research grants per se"

I am never against the grants being offered by the State and Federal Governments. In fact the grants are, in the main, utilised for very worthwhile projects which are *screamers* at the end of the day.

"or just against companies like Novogen from benefitting from them?"

Again no. I appreciate what new tech/patents/ideas have to go through to get them to work in the first place and then get them registered. What concerns me though is that we do have a limited amount of capital at the end of the day. As a capitalist economy we tend to throw the majority of ideas to the wind and reliance is on the inventor to find the investors. After the 87 crash the entreprenuer was throwned upon by investors and to be one, was to be castigated by society. It took a brave heart to invest seed capital at the best of times yet I have seen many a good project being handed to overseas interests.

Maybe I should stand for the Senate and seek election on the base that a Board be established which consists of *intellects* rather than government beaurocrats (sp) to dish out the money!

Then again dream on!

what is going on
this guy wont shut up

look above at the boards ...
is this person a motor mouth ?
or do they have an extreme
bi poloar problem of never
stopping , shutting up ????
check it out ...

monica
Sorry Frugal.

I have had problems with online brokers dealing from Oz to the US markets as I have been advised that it is illegal. Etrade I use fairly regularly for trades in Oz and I am now registered on Etrade in the US, this now makes it far easier to move through the red tape.

Try www.etrade.com.au

I hope that this helps.

;o)
This may also assist. Cost though is 1,100 aud per annum.

http://www.bourseinvestor.com/default.asp
PantyPie
if you are talking about demiller1 then I think you should pull your head in.
The purpose of this board it to exchange opinions and demiller1 has some very knowledgeable comment on a wide range of issues. Without people like demiller1 this board would not exist, someone has to make some comments, we can't all sit back and just read the messages.
Instead of complaining why not read the messages and learn something. How many intelligent informed posts have you made to this board?

Barcoo