No. of Recommendations: 0
Well here is what FlyerTalk says:

You can estimate the amount of time you'll need based on the circumstances of your trip, however. For domestic-to-international itineraries on the same airline, you won't need more time that you would need for a domestic-to-domestic connection, so an hour or so should be sufficient. (Example: Chicago-New York-Paris on American wouldn't require more time than Chicago-New York-Miami on American.)

But, if you reverse the former itinerary—Paris-New York-Chicago—you'll need much more time to make your connecting flight back to Chicago. When returning to the U.S., you'll have to clear immigration and customs, claim and re-check your bags, and go through security before you arrive at your next departure gate. For international connections like these, you'll want at least an hour and a half to two hours, if not more.
... but
As a rule of thumb, try to book a flight that has at least a 90-minute to two-hour connection time, if not more, and don't rely on your airline's reservations system to ensure you have enough time. When booking, consider whether you're connecting at a large or especially busy airport, and if you are, plan a longer connection. If you're traveling on several different airlines, leave yourself even more time. Personally, I'd rather grab a snack or read a book while I wait for my next flight instead of worrying that I'll miss my connection.

Sorry for my confusion, but glad everything worked out.

Hockeypop
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.