No. of Recommendations: 0
Well I have to say that Fidelity site made me feel somewhat better.

Glad to hear it. If you want another comparison and you have accounts at Vanguard, they have a similar site, although I find it more cumbersome to use than the Fidelity site.

I still think it would be better if I had the house totally paid off so that I would have no debt.

You could consider taking a withdrawal out of your rollover IRA, or using other savings if they are available, to pay off the rest of the mortgage in a lump sum. You may want to look at the timing of this, and, say, wait until January of next year to take the money out, due to tax consequences.

Texas may not have an income tax but believe me they get you but good with property taxes.

Having owned a couple of houses in Texas, I understand. ;-)

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.