No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, I think I'm a mixed bag. I know that I was very shy as a kid, but was I introverted??....depends on the situation. I have alway enjoyed the company of good friends, whether a small or large group (regardless of age). But when young in school, I was always the quiet kid who got straight A's and A+ in conduct. Never had a teacher that didn't like me. But when I was at home, I could create havoc with friends, and get into fights with my little sister and get into trouble with my mom, less with my father. In very late high school and in college, I really opened up and really enjoyed meeting people and hanging out in groups. I really enjoyed going to parties and meeting people and hitting it off with girls I wanted to date. But that doesn't mean that I didn't have moments when I really wanted to be just by myself....no doubt, with certain people, I just couldn't be comfortable. I did have many people I know who told me that I was always very good at meeting and talking to people. I would say when I was in grad school, it was the same thing (early to mid 2000's) Dated several girls, and often went to parties...the parties in NYC were really something else.

So what about now?? Well, I guess I would probably say I'm slightly less extroverted than I was in my 20's/30's....I have more of a tendency to just wanting to chill (may just be a function of getting older and less energetic). But often I like to hang out at the local establishments (like watching NFL football on Sundays), and enjoy meeting people who may just happen to sit next to me. I go out wiht friends from time to time to dinners and movies, but much less than when I was in my 20's/early 30's. I like to talk to people say at the grocery store cash register....little chit chat stuff...I really enjoy that.....something I was never able to do comfortably when I was real young.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.