No. of Recommendations: 3
Well I'm not sure if I'm a good role model but I am teaching them about investing. My grandmother gave me the choice of 100 dollars cash or 200 dollars to invest in stocks when I turned 10 years old and it was probably one of the best life lessons anyone gave me. I did the same for them.

So if you are teaching your kids about investing, why do you think the schools will do a better job of teaching that than you can do? And what would you eliminate from the curriculum to make room for that since there are only so many hours in a school day, and at least for my kids, they had all they could do to get in the required courses plus the electives they needed to get into their college program of choice.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.