No. of Recommendations: 2
The president described most of the places pretty accurately.

Africa is however an entire continent, so making a sweeping generaizatiin about it is like saying everyone in North America is nice becuase I went to Canada.

Moreover, I have found that people from not nice places tend to be extra awesome.

Look at Fargo. Place not awesome - people super awesome. Same with Lubbuck and Fairbanks.

I found the same dynamic in Point Niore, Warri Nigeria, (Lagos was a pit and the people were almost as nasty as people in D.C.)

But South Africa was nice and Swaziland too. Mozambique was very bad but was in the middle of a civil war. Liberia was bad and it got worse. I was there right before the civil war started in the late ‘80’s.

It is unfortunate that the president has made the U.S. a less desirable place for illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has historically been the best source of high quality citizens. Well educated legal citizen not so much.

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.