Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
The president described most of the places pretty accurately.

Africa is however an entire continent, so making a sweeping generaizatiin about it is like saying everyone in North America is nice becuase I went to Canada.

Moreover, I have found that people from not nice places tend to be extra awesome.

Look at Fargo. Place not awesome - people super awesome. Same with Lubbuck and Fairbanks.

I found the same dynamic in Point Niore, Warri Nigeria, (Lagos was a pit and the people were almost as nasty as people in D.C.)

But South Africa was nice and Swaziland too. Mozambique was very bad but was in the middle of a civil war. Liberia was bad and it got worse. I was there right before the civil war started in the late ‘80’s.

It is unfortunate that the president has made the U.S. a less desirable place for illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has historically been the best source of high quality citizens. Well educated legal citizen not so much.

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Ya I'm not too clear on the exact dates of MAGA. I'm guessing it's anytime a Democrat or black wasn't president. So in that context America was great when we welcomed other counties "tired and POOR, their huddled masses yearning to be free." So I'm a bit fuzzy on how only letting in rich white blonde people is gonna help us be great again?
Personally I'd leave this spithole and move to Denmark Or Norway if I could.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally I'd leave this spithole and move to Denmark Or Norway if I could.

Oh but you CAN move Denmark Or Norway!

If you live in the home of the brave and the land of the free you can leave any time you want to.

Just get a passport and visa & it's Hasta La Vista Baby!

Be sure to let us know when you're leaving the "spithole" so we can wave goodbye.

Desert (An excuse is just the reason you give for doing what you were going to do anyway.) Dave
An excuse is just the reason you give for doing what you were going to do anyway.

No dipspit I can't leave.

Gosh, resorting to name calling so early in the discussion.

1.I work in a factory and have no particularly compelling talents aside from my hatred for trump and your ilk.

An excuse is just the reason you give for doing what you were going to do anyway.

2. I am on a tight margin of error for retirement and I'm not gonna muck it to please your idea that it's a free country no matter how much it sucks.

3. My kids are here. They are in relationships with other kids and in schools that feel stable. I'm not going to selfishly uproot them for my conviction.

Gasp! You're going to condemn your own children to grow up in a "spithole"!

I will stay here and resist the prick in the whitehouse and the pricks that support him and show them that eventually there will be change or there will be revolution.

By name calling and posting on a message board?

There will not be a fleeing chicken little.

iirc Chicken Little was afraid of something that didn't exist.

Desert (voted in the last presidential election & once stood on street corners handing out flyers [in English & Spanish] against a dishonest congressman. (he resigned)) Dave
No. of Recommendations: 9
Yes Dave I get it. You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. Anger is a wind that blows out the candle of the mind.
That doesn't make anything you say right. That doesn't entitle you to alternative facts. I can't live in Denmark Or Norway. I can visit but I cannot get resident status. If looking out for my kids best interests offends you as a lame excuse then I will just go ad hominem on you again because you are fact impervious. You are obtuse to the nth degree and you are not worth my time. I will ignore you for now.
Yes Dave I get it. You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. Anger is a wind that blows out the candle of the mind.

So your mind is blown?

That doesn't make anything you say right.

What a coincidence, I was thinking the same about you.

That doesn't entitle you to alternative facts.

Again, I was thinking the same about you.

I can't live in Denmark Or Norway. I can visit but I cannot get resident status.

Why not? Unless you're an ex-fellon or something they should let you in. I'd be glad to write a letter of recommendation for you.

If looking out for my kids best interests offends you as a lame excuse then I will just go ad hominem on you again because you are fact impervious.

Er... aren't you the guy who just said "Anger is a wind that blows out the candle of the mind."? Besides, I'll bet your kids are smart and will do real well over there.

You are obtuse to the nth degree and you are not worth my time. I will ignore you for now.

Aw com'on, BCT, why be halfway about it? With a little more effort you could ignore me forever.
;-)

Desert (Offended that I'm not considered good enough to be put on ignore full-time.) Dave
It is not only the right the does this. The left is guilty also. The result is the same. The loss of one's self.

Well, we agree on that at least.