Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well. If anyone should happen to glance through these old blogs...I'm asking...again...if you are among those I hoped this blog would be helpful to...

Today is Jan 17, 2021. It has been 4 years since I wrote this blog.

LIVING ON DISABILITY I have continued to eat much less. I've kept the weight off. I've also saved a little money. I now have $90 a month in dividends tumbling into my bank account from a portfolio of 19 different companies worth almost $22,000 today.

Just from 4 years of doing exactly what I wrote this blog about. I did that living on disability.

I have made some changes. I no longer eat SO cheap..I read "The China Study" and "How Not To Die" and now eat a whole foods plant based diet.

I still avoid high glycemic foods that will elevate my blood sugar and cause me hunger pangs and cravings an hour after I eat them.

My dividend income will exceed $100/month not long after I turn 64 in April. I honestly don't think I'm being unrealistic when I say I think I have at least another 40 (or 50) healthy years left.

I have plenty of time. By the time another 15 years passes, my VA check plus my social security check PLUS what by then will be a hefty contribution from my dividend income will set me up nicely.

You can do this. Hey, man, once you manage to graduate from having $5-$10 a month in dividends to having $30, $40, $50 a month in dividends, your ability to save more money faster just keeps accelerating. It is exhilarating.

Start NOW!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.