Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, if guns weren’t used, he might have beat them to death with a snow shovel or pulled a knife.

I’m no fan of guns, and I’m definitely opposed to assault-style, multi-round guns in the hands of ordinary citizens. But in this case the same thing could have happened with a different pistol or a reload or a hunting rifle, and I don’t think, generally, that those types of guns should be banned, though I think people should have to register them.

But haters gonna hate, and killers gonna kill. We’ve been killing each other since Cain and Abel and banning guns is not going to stop that. While I’m very sorry this happened, to me it probably makes the case for mental heal resources better than an anti-gun argument. To me, it’s not like the guy that took multiple assault weapons to the concert in Vegas or the school shootings, which completely outrages me and makes me want to scream.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.