Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, I'm glad it all worked out, accidental sidetrip or otherwise! If you plan carefully that Costco membership fee will make itself up in no time. Did your Costco have a gas station? That right there will help. Also, does anyone in your family have allergies? The 300 count bottle of loratadine (generic Claritin) all by itself will pay up the membership fee. If loratadine ain't your drug o' choice, the generic Zyrtec (I think it's called Allertec) will make it up in two purchases.

You can go through there on a Saturday or Sunday and practically get a free lunch from all the samples that'll be offered.

Also, they have a decent supply of big-loaf cheeses. We're partial to the black-waxed Tillamook extra sharp cheddar and the Dubliner Irish cheddar (droooooooooooooooooooooool). Also, lots of great fridge-case pastas, the Hummus is pretty damned good (and almost unnaturally smooth) and the Kirkland white tuna is a fab buy. It's eight cans all together for a really decent price (been a while since I got some) and best of all, no soy-protein filler/additive (a big stinkin' deal for me).

So, now that we're all through that... have you a Trader Joe's nearby?

They have frenched lamb rib roasts for $11/lb, too. ;)

I woulda mentioned it earlier but I coulda SWORN they were more expensive than that. I went shopping today and double-checked. Wish I coulda pointed that out earlier.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.