Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Well it looks like the show, at least the short squeeze show, is pretty much over.

GME the most well known of the short squeezes was down $135 a share, or 60%, today to $90. It hit a high of $483 on Thursday.

AMS was down $5.48 today, or 41.2%, to $7.82. It hit a high of $20.36 on Wednesday.

KOSS was down $15 today, or 42.86%, to $20. It hit a high of $127.45 on Thursday.

BGS was down $4.97 today, or 13.31%, to $32.36. It hit a high of $47.86 on Wednesday.

I put an order to repurchase the BGS shares I sold early last week, below $30. May not hit. In retrospect I should have sold my BGS shares in my taxable account above $40 and just paid the tax.

I am writing a book on investing for my son. I have a small section on crowded trades. A GME short position when short interest was above 100% was a crowded trade, but so was the trade owning GME short positions above $200 whether those positions were calls or actually owning shares.

Schwab updates its short data each weekend giving the short position as of Friday's close - I think? Last week it showed the GME short position at 105% while multiple reports last week at 130-140%. Some shorts got crushed, but so did those squeezing them.

Schwab showed BGS's short position last week at 35.5% and today it is shown at 36.0%. BGS's earning estimate for 2021 is $2.37 or 13.65x at today's close and its current yield at today's closing price is 5.87%. It also repurchased a fair amount of stock in 2019 and barring unforeseen issues should be repurchasing in 2021.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.