Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, it wasn't LILAK. I've been intending to check who "won" but I've not had a chance yet..

-Jeff
Long LILA
Print the post Back To Top
LILAK
My contest choice is: Liberty Latin America (LILAK).

I'm going to guess a few people are going to pick either Liberty Global or Liberty Latin America. Of all the active Inside Value recommendations, the two Liberty companies are one of the few active recommendations that actually seem like much of a value at this point in time. The market has done so well that value stocks are getting increasingly difficult to find. Of course 'the market doing so amazingly well that you can't find good value stocks' is a great problem to have. I wish we could say that each and every year. "Darn it! My stocks keep on going up! I'm so annoyed!!!" Hahaha.

I could have also chosen Liberty Global for my contest pick. 2018 could finally be the year that Liberty Global and Vodafone get their long discussed merger done. That event could unlock a lot of value. But trying to time a potential M&A deal is incredibly difficult (it could happen in 2018, in 2019, or never), so I'll stick with Liberty Latin America as my contest pick.
AMZN
STMP - Stamps.com

Mike
LILAK
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'll go with TRIP on the chance they figure it out or get bought out.

By the way, Rich and team, that was a really compelling and in-depth overview of the past year. You should try to get a version of it (especially the first four paragraphs and first 2 charts) up on the front page of the free Fool site if you haven't already. Hard to find a better argument for your brand of value investing than those 1-, 3-, 5-year, and SI numbers vs. the S&P500. I wish they'd show that info so clearly (plus the 10-year where applicable) for all the services...

Although I read the boards over on SA much more frequently, IV remains my one essential TMF service. Congrats on this unusually good year, and here's to continuing that long-term track-record!
TRIP.

AJ
I hope for a more pieceful 2018 with less natural desasters, so I go with EXPE as my first pick. PCLN might also do well.
AMT
My vote is for PYPL.
CPA
Bump. (Last call!)
Well, it wasn't LILAK. I've been intending to check who "won" but I've not had a chance yet..

-Jeff
Long LILA