Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Well, I've been out of the loop now for about 8 months. It's taken me that long just to get over marcarlo calling me a prima donna! (post 278). Just kidding!...he's right on target relative to the vast majority of cyclists (excluding me, of course). Anyway, as I try to get back into the Fool frame of mind I feel like it's about time I gave everybody a follow-up of my BR "experience".

Unfortunately, my season didn't develop as I had wished. Fatherhood and homeownership really put a pinch on my training time. Believe it or not 3500 miles of pedaling for the year is not nearly enough to stay competitive in the sport of cycling. Nonetheless I did try the BR strips in training as well as in the dozen or so races I competed in. Result: I'm a believer. Truth be known I have a pretty slim nose...not Morgan Fairchild slim but slim compared to the average adult male. I can really feel the BR strip opening up my two nostrils. Conversely when I take it off I can feel the airway getting smaller. I did find it absolutely critical that your nose be clean and dry prior to application. My first couple of strips I threw on without any prep and they started to peel off after a couple hours of hard riding. That was alleviated with a little soap and water to get all the oil off the skin.

I loved the idea cocomurph1 had about putting a strip or two in each entrant's packet at any aerobic event. Athletes love free shwag and that would be a sure-fire way to get people to try them. Anyway, I hope I get to "advertise" much more next summer. I'm still long on the stock and I've actually seen television commercials for BR strips here in Connecticut.

Now maybe marcarlo can come back with the runner's perspective.

Take care,
Duff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.