Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Well, many widely disseminated comments by Zuckerberg are a good start (the Holocaust Denial comment being the most recent). It sometimes seems like they are trying to p* off peoplE

I thought his comments were more or less fine and appreciated his somewhat firm commitment on freedom of speech for the ignorant on his platform[s]. As most people are fairly ignorant.

Banning users on 'Denying X' is the definition of a very slippery slope they shouldn't get involved in regulating imnsho.

I'm fairly well-read up on WW2, read Churchill's 6-volume memoirs, read the Shirer diaries, Time-Life books, et al, but I couldn't tell you for certain exactly how many jews the Nazis murdered in that timeframe. If they say it was 5.5m are they a 'denier?' What about 5m? What if someone says it was 15m?

Do we want FB to set, like, a 20% error band on statements of fact and your posts get pulled otherwise? Can I say the human body temperature is 95 degrees?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.