Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well reasoned post canonian I enjoyed reading.

I think some of this conversation is philosophical, some is fact and both are fine. I sort of lean to what you say

I can't cite stats like you did ...but in a 'big picture' way, I've always felt that a combination of rising prosperity in poorer nations, coupled with Microfinance for women. Just as personal preference - I don't want the world turn into one big mandatory high-rise. I like people being able to make a choice be it urban, rural, McMansion, Trailer, whatever.

As far as population increase I wonder from a qualitative standpoint: Rising prosperity in poorer nations, plus huge focus on Microfinance for women in said nations. Trends and studies show that as upward mobility and affluence grows, priorities change and perhaps less reproduction takes place - by choice, not fiat. Microfinance - only because it gives women in cultures/countries a leg up, where marriage and reproduction isn't the *only* game in town - and again, upward mobility, education, sometimes seems to go hand in hand.

In the meantime, in my chose metro areas for investments - I'd like nice robust growth :)

But this is just me pontificating. We're all very fortunate that people smarter than me will be on this :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.