Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Well, Richard, it's down to you and me as in 'It's a quarter to three; there's no one in the place but you and me; so set 'em up, Joe' scenario. In the, what is it, two or three weeks or so before the announcement of who gets The Feste Award, there's barely enough traffic to keep interest. This must change.

If TMF is to be a destination attracting talent (and it has shown it can) then that aspect must be promoted. The list of nominees for The Feste, but for the Susan Lucci candidate (which may be one of the longer running gags at TMF), are those having considerable talent in their fields and, using WonderPup as an example, communicators par excellence. And yet this draw is not promoted sufficiently.

It was a good stroke to create The Feste Award yet if it is to mean something it has to be infused with more than having a selection of posters suitable for it. The Feste has to be hammered as an epitome for which considerable kudos are given. The Feste Award has to mean something and more meaning has to be given to The Feste. This may come about as time passes yet only if The Feste is given an impetus.

The importance of The Feste Award can be enhanced by several means. Could TMF have, on it's front page of the boards, a separate link to those posts made by The Feste Award winner? Could just being nominated to The Feste Award be rewarded by a lifetime membership to TMF?

What I am saying is that The Feste needs hype.

I subscribe to several discussion boards, mostly in the field of boating which is my love, yet I return to TMF because, to my mind, the only place where I can express myself as I want to. TMF wants subscribers unlike other discussion places where topping another is rampant and rudeness is equally unchecked. My mind: to win The Feste should be that accolade to which no other discussion board can match.

If The Feste is to mean anything it must be made to mean something. The very act of an announcement The Feste Awards is about to be should elicit fervor.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.