Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
We'll see what happens... as for me, I've gone through my savings since the market tanked in mid-october so now I'll be investing only a little a month as I earn it as long as the dow stays below 9000. Once the dow stays above 9000 it will be time to start building some cash savings again...
I won't make myself decide on a single strategy, but I'm favoring the idea of buying minimal stakes of all the GG stocks I don't own (there are plenty) and the idea of buying the high yield stocks that won't fail (OTTR, NWE, TLK, TKC, ... INTC is actually getting close to high-yield territory, HD is there but I'd have to review its balance sheets ...)
Who knows, perhaps a continued investment strategy will bring me closer to zen as well - at least in that Buddhist masters live simply and have no money. Fortunately for me I don't have to fear the markets because unlike most Americans I'm not in debt, and I will stick with the mobility of renting until the woman comes into my life who makes me buy a house.
Investing is like fantasy football, basketball or baseball - except there is a lot more information available and a lot more money involved. Just the strategizing, theorizing and positioning make it an addictive game though. Speaking of which, does anyone here play chess?

-John T
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.