Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Well the judge has ruled and MSFT broke the law.

That was pretty much a given since the 'finding of fact' a while back. Now is the penalty phase (in this case, break up the company). Then comes the appeal phase...

"We will not tolerate deceit from management. In fact, a company violating this standard is an outright sell."

I would say Otter nailed that one. I agree. I often regretted not getting MSFT a few years ago when I first started watching them. This was pre-Fool (for me) and I was concerned that their PE was not sustainable. Damn if they didn't sustain! Today I would not touch the company for anything, primarily because I agree with the above quote. But also because there is too much uncertainty in the company now. Very scary from an investing standpoint, IMHO. If I were an RM manager I would sell this one (in fact I would have done so shortly after the finding of fact).

1poorguy's opinion
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.