Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, the lease spells out a lot of things I've never seen spelled out in a lease before. But it has been about fifteen years since I've leased an apartment. Times have changed.

There is a long list of behaviors for which tenants can be fined. Conflict with tenants leading to police involvement is on the list.

So, yes he can be fined. At least that's what the lease says, and I'm not going to have an attorney look at it.

As far as the insult exchange, Champaign Il has a hate crime law. I'm not very familiar with it. I don't know if slurs are covered by it. I guess since the police showed up, they must be covered somehow.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.