No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, this AM I did get a response, but even though I specified it was the local printer login that was failing, she went into auto-response mode of resetting the Brother site login. I don't have time to mess with it until next week, when we get back home, but it may be a non issue as I did make changes via the LCD panel.

Printer is working, runs a print fast, haven't had time to play with the scanner yet,
Print the post Back To Top
Please post status reports on this --- if my HP died today, my first choice would be Brother.

(I have it in my mind Brother is supposed to have decent product support - have you tried them?)
I dropped a note/online email to their support, asking what is going on with it last night when I posted the above, no response yet.

OTOH, from the LCD screen, I removed the ECO setting and that fixed my initial light print concern.

Went back to the local printers web page, did not enter a password at all, even though it warned me I needed to Login, and I could look, submit what changes they had there... So I'm left wondering why it even asked for a password!

Anyway, its quick, is mono as expected, fits where I wanted.

But, I am seeing on a cold startup I'm taking a UPS hit, so it's dipping the AC level, I may be pushing this room's 120v amperage limits a bit, may have to consider seeing if another outlet on another circuit is handy... Idle, sleep load is low, so it's only the initial fuser warmup causing the dip..

Brother reviews have been good, so maybe just my understandings..

Seems to be linking via USB, via a hub, rather than the Ethernet cable, may have to pull the USB, try to force it to the Ethernet link... It does wifi, too, but rather leave it hardwired...

So the HP6500 is off. I did use it via wifi. but don't see the need so far...

weco
Well, this AM I did get a response, but even though I specified it was the local printer login that was failing, she went into auto-response mode of resetting the Brother site login. I don't have time to mess with it until next week, when we get back home, but it may be a non issue as I did make changes via the LCD panel.

Printer is working, runs a print fast, haven't had time to play with the scanner yet,
I emailed brother support as I left town, reply came today, turns out there is a default password for the printer, took the right fellow to tell me!

All is welL!
No. of Recommendations: 2
Too easy, it ends up being 'initpass' maybe from the latest firmware update I did manage to do... It can, now, be changed to whatever is wanted, but you had to get in there first!
When I googled brother printer passwords, I got information of networking products. That was the password for the networking products.