Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well well well I did not mean to start any chaos fellow fools. I should inform you that the reason I initially asked this question was because in our Daily News here in NY, I kept seeing soooo manyyy and I quote "rent/with an option to buy" heading in the properties for sale section. So I figured I'd look into it. Well of the last 6 I called on it was actually either the Broker listing this, in which case what I got from said brokers was basically the following - rent now for a set period at which point you must buy the property. Of the two that were private sellers. One lady wanted me to rent her two family for 875/month for three months at which point I would have to come up with the rest of the 6000 downpayment and actually close on the property. Ehhhh not for me so Im still scoping out such deals. Im convinced they must exist, I mean as Allen says in Nothing Down for the 90's. A real dont wanter will almost always settle for your terms. Im hoping he's right.

Im also finding that Brokers seem to deal with me more upfront when I tell them straight up that Im looking for income generating properties that I can assume with little or nothing down.(Not all now mind you..some guy actually lauged at me this morning on the phone..."A two family for $130, heheeee is this a joke) Man its rough when youre just a small fry starting out..lol. I try not to let it get to me though, but its hard. :)

By the way any techniques that you guys actually use when dealing with traditional brokers.

Isiszion
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.