Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
regarding the shorting stock feature posted today, i have a few comments.

for what is worth, i live in tucson and although i am a bank one customer, i know that wells fargo is having trouble keeping customers from the old first interstate. of the six people that i work with that were first interstate customers, three have left and one other is looking to leave. the "check guarantee card" flap is very real here, since in arizona very few merchants will take a check without one. i don't have the money to short 100 shares of wells fargo, but a put option 15-20% out of the money expiring in october might do the trick. looking before leaping.

i don't like a DJT short, since technically it looks poised for more of a rebound and the gaming industry seems to swing from one extreme (incredible institutional popularity) to the other (complete avoidance). right now we are in the former, but sooner? or later? these stocks (HET, DJT, etc) are going to move again. plus the summer is the one time of the year where these companies tend to make money. DJT is a maybe.

YHOO's valuation is OUT THERE, but it too much of an "open end" for me. way to much potential for a buyout or some crazy positive news driving the stock. with risk comes reward but i think YHOO is a bit risky in an up market.

don't get me wrong, i am a shorter, but right now i am completely long, and looking for good short ideas.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.