Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Wendy,

:Hopefully, Windowseat (Nancy) will not find this as condescending and irritating as I do!"

Sorry, this "old dinosaur," (guilty as charged) happen to enjoy the high class that my wife displays in feminine intuition. I depend on her a lot, for as a man, I can think with only one side of my brain at a time, where you ladies can us both at the same time, according to people who study that sort of thing, and I rather think they are on target. OR.......... maybe I just happen to have the enjoyment/company of a super sharp woman.

In any case, a note to windowseat.......I too, hope you are not offended in any way. You have a Feste nominee logo, so you obviously are a pretty helpful person. It would be selfish of me to wish you were with Pro, due to my limited time. Normally, much of my time at 82 is spent with a new baby in the house, and maintaining this old frame of mine.

It gives me great pleasure, Wendy, to grant you one of your desires before I express my own. "Reading this makes me absolutely SURE that the Feste Award should be restricted to those who carry on the original TMF vision -- to Educate, Amuse and Enrich -- freely and for the pleasure of helping each other." Grant: Forever restricted to Oldmangene henceforth.

My own: One shot at me, shame on you, two shots at me, shame on me.

Gene
From the other (wrong) side of the tracks, but making the best of it
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.