Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
My daughter's birthday is around the corner and she asked for a new phone. Not thinking about what that might imply, we ordered a new iPhone 8 (her choice) online with in-store delivery.

Wow.

The Apple store at Barton Creek Mall in Austin is usually busy. This Sunday afternoon, it was packed. There was a line outside the store. It turns out that was the line to wait in line inside the store. Because we were pick up, not sales, we were able to jump the line. While waiting for the product to roll up, I chatted with the sales associate. He confirmed that the iPhone 11 series has been selling briskly since introduction. The scene in the store today was typical of recent days. He leaned in and said "buy the stock." I assured him I had held AAPL for some time now.

Seeing the more reasonable price for the 11 vs. the X, I may have to finally consider parting with my iPhone 6. It's had a good run.

Regards,

- HCF
reporting from the front lines.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.