No. of Recommendations: 18
Hi Fools,
It has been awhile since the last update so I thought now would be a good time to do another one. We have all the 92 and up issues photocopied and scanned into jpeg format and all are available from one website. The jpegs total almost 300 megs! We are concentrating on getting 96 and up entered into spreadsheets so that Peter can get us daily return data while we continue entering in the earlier data. As always we could use some more data entry volunteers and also could use some help from anyone who has access to the Boston Public Library. Thanks
Bryan
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
what is a WER backtest...??
what is a WER backtest...??

WER is short for IBD's WeekEnd Review which is published each Friday and contains stocks that are >=85 in both EPS and RS and which must also be within 15% of a 52 week high and also each stock must be over $7 per share. I have been posting each weeks table here since Nov.5 1999. Last weeks table can be found here http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13154449
IBD started publishing the WER in 1989. This is the only screen that can be backtested weekly for over a decade IIRC. If you could help us out it would be appreciated.
Bryan
Bryan,
I don't have a spreadsheet program. I read in IBD about ASPs that have tools online. Would that be a good idea for this project? A way everyone could use the same program online. You could set it up with the defaults required.

Otherwise, I suppose I could spring for excel or something compatible.

I assume you're entering all of the data available on the table so that all elements (like PE) can be tested.

Thanks for heading this up,
Mark
Bryan,
I don't have a spreadsheet program. I read in IBD about ASPs that have tools online. Would that be a good idea for this project? A way everyone could use the same program online. You could set it up with the defaults required.

Otherwise, I suppose I could spring for excel or something compatible.

I assume you're entering all of the data available on the table so that all elements (like PE) can be tested.

Thanks for heading this up,
Mark

Thanks Mark,
I don't know a thing about ASPs.
We are entering all the data that I post every week. IIRC A/D wasn't available before Sept.92 or so. And all the tables before Sept93 don't have the ticker symbols. Thus those have to be looked up via "Daily Stock Price Record" a very tedious and time consuming process. This is a slow process but one worthy of completing IMHO. I have been importing the WER tables into MSFinder and here is a link to the latest http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ilmostro . Let me know your thoughts.
Bryan
posted and emailed
DOH! I forgot to give a link to the MS excel viewer program that will let you view the spreadsheet. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/downloadDetails/xlviewer.htm?s=/downloadCatalog/dldExcel.asp
Bryan