Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've liked ETFs for a while (though I'm currently without any as I build up my SA portfolio) and did some more digging into WETF's ETFs and I'm struck by how high their expense ratios are. I've compared a few, such as small cap growth ETFs or just screening by expense ratio and category and they really seem much higher than other options available.

I see that the large number of commission free ETFs they provide would actually set up for a future of using dollar cost averaging or regular purchases like a mutual fund, without the mutual fund drawbacks. I also like that they use dividends as a metric for determining potential of a stock to appreciate. Ditto earnings, since I'm generally averse to stocks with high P/E rations unless there's a very good underlying reason for it such as new entrant, new technology etc.

My concern about the expense ratio is whether this will turn people off buying their ETFs. Thoughts?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.