No. of Recommendations: 4
Spike Lee offers his take on Hurricane Katrina

07:31 PM CDT on Friday, July 14, 2006

Associated Press

I can't get the link to work, but this was on WWLTV.com.

Excerpt;

"Lee said it's important to remember that similar disasters could happen anywhere in America.

"Volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods. It's not just New Orleans," he said. "We should be scared because if FEMA -- you saw what they did. Pray to God you don't have to depend on FEMA. This stuff affects all Americans.
"

Pray to God you don't have to depend on FEMA?

I don't know what he was watching, but I saw scores of thieves breaking into stores stealing TV's, suits, liquor, jewelry, and other items that were utterly useless in a state of emergency.

I'll grant Lee this much; If it weren't for all the money in the Garden District, the French Quarter, and Uptown, ol' Whitey would have been looting and singing the same tune as the hearing impaired.

After-all, those who heard about Katrina, yet chose to stay behind and weather the obvious and unavoidable, had only 5 or 6 days notice that something wicked MIGHT be coming their way, AND had less than 51 hours to evacuate (officially).

I would pray to WhoEverWouldListen, that me, my family, and our belongings would not be ransacked and pillaged by the idiots/criminals who had ample time to get out of harm's way, but instead, made weak excuses for the reasons they stayed behind.

I would pray, again, to the same Entity, that FEMA wouldn't waste my tax dollars on a bunch of lazy finger-pointers who chose to lay around for 10 months on the dole, because finding a job in their city of refuge is "too much of a hassle" or "just too complicated".

I would even pray to BonBon's diety that the Jesse Jacksons and the Al Sharptons of this nation would build their homes and live right there in the precious 9th ward that they are trying to save.

And, during the next hurricane, the Two could stand on their rooftops and preach their special brand of racist, brainwashing hatred, while the turds, I mean the tides of FEMA leeches swirl around them, complaining about their stupidity...er...their misfortunes.

Excellent fodder for a Spike Lee movie.

>>>
I just hope he doesn't leave out the fact that the majority of the people/families/homes on, or near the lakefront, suffered the same catastrophic losses.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.