Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
PWEI may be my next MF purchase. On top of having good numbers, they just announced a share buyback to the tune of 40 million.

Anything red flags flying out there?
Print the post Back To Top
You learn odd things on the yahoo boards...specially skeletons as you say.At the moment I have nothing intelligent to say about PWEI.Good luck!
Anything red flags flying out there?

Did you read the latest 10-Q/K? Sure looks enticing based on recent earnings reported by Google Finance, but there are almost certainly red flags. I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be able to sustain the recent numbers. Otherwise, why would they be priced so cheaply? 'course, the market tends to under-prices badly beaten-up stocks (if there is any truth to the Little Book :-). Mr. Market was so depressed about CUTR (a top 25 MFI pick a month ago) that even a settlement that appeared quite negative to CUTR made the stock price shoot up!

Before buying a MFI stock, I run the numbers using recent 10-Q & 10-K's to make sure that they're fairly close to those listed on the MFI web site. As long as the numbers add up, I'll buy the stock.

Puss
I bought a small allotment today. I checked with several different "instrinsic value" calculators and looked at the BMW results, and all were consistently favorable. I like their planned buyback, and the fact that few analysts are watching them.

Finally, I like that it is a "boring" company, as defined by Peter Lynch.

I'll cycle back and buy more in a month or two, especially of the stock drops further.